I’ve got another big ol’ pile of questions for you this week, plus I talk a little bit about the Production Club (which is now open and accepting new students!).
Some questions covered today:
- What does over-compression sound like?
- Does copying audio files degrade their sound quality?
- Is outboard analog compression worth it?
- Is it good to use multiple compressors on a track?
- When do I ask my clients to pay me?
- and lots more…
Take a listen here, and enjoy!
Don’t forget, you can ask questions over at www.AskJoeGilder.com.
Links from the show:
- HSC Production Club – My 19-week recording course.
- How I Kicked Click Bleed to the Curb
- Wiretap Anywhere – digital “routing” software that I use with:
- Screenflow – screen recording/video editing software (I failed to mention this in the podcast, but this is Mac-only software. PC folks, check out something like Camtasia.)
- An Easy Way to Avoid Over-Compression