As I type this, I’m sitting in my backyard on a beautiful Monday morning.
Right in front of me is a big ol’ massive minivan…named Moose.
We just got Moose last night.
Moose represents a lot of things for me.
On the one hand, it feels like I’ve permanently cashed in my cool card. No matter how many fancy gadgets Moose has, I can honestly say I’m not sure I’ll ever feel cool driving around in a minivan.
On the other hand, however, it feels like I’ve officially grown up. A few months from now our twins will be born, and I will be a father of THREE…minivan and all.
And you know what?
It’s totally worth it.
The payoff is worth the sacrifice.
And of course it’s the same way in the studio. You may have to sacrifice some things in order to make that project sound amazing.
- Sacrificing the “cool factor” of a good-looking studio by putting up ugly blankets to get a sweet vocal sound.
- Sacrificing a polished, perfectly edited and tuned recording for one that’s full of energy and heart.
- Sacrificing the direction YOU may want to take a song for the sake of the band who wants something very different.
- Sacrificing your desire to wait until you’ve acquired all the right pieces of gear before you start REALLY working on any music.
- Sacrificing your one really high-end guitar for two nice guitars that give you a wider variety of tone.
I’m sure you could come up with plenty of ways to add on to this list.
I would challenge you to think about ways you need to “grow up” when it comes to your studio?
What’s holding you back?
What excuses are you making?
What’s your Moose?
Figure it out and make it happen.
And if you need help along the way…
I’ve got well over 30 hours of content sitting inside the VIP members area, waiting to inspire you. 🙂
Home Studio Corner