I have a real treat for you this week.
This week Ben is back to talk about the ever-important topic of PRODUCTION.
As home studio owner’s, we’re pretty good about wearing the musician hat and the engineer hat, but what about the producer hat? Methinks it gets neglected. And that can mean disaster for your music.
In this episode, Ben shares valuable insights into topics like:
- Songwriting (how a simple shift in your songwriting approach can help you make better recordings and mixes later)
- Recording with what you have (proof that you don’t need to own a dozen microphones to make good recordings)
- How to juggle the different hats you wear in the studio (and how you must embrace your inability to do them all at the same time)
- How to uncover an unending supply of production ideas (that you can “steal” for your own music)
- The single most important part of the entire production process (skip this at your own risk)
Plus a ho’ bunch mo’.
Listen now, and before you finish, leave a comment below, letting us know if we hit a nerve, if this is a topic you want to learn more about in the future.