We’re starting to get settled into this new house. Just hoping these twins stay put for a few more weeks while we get their nursery set up. (Fingers crossed.)
So this email’s gonna be short and sweet.
I’ve got an easy “assignment ” for you.
What are you doing this weekend to get better at recording and producing music?
I’m sure you’ve got tons of plans, but where are you gonna squeeze in 30 minutes or an hour to make sure you’re moving towards your goal of getting better?
Here are some suggestions:
- Work on writing a new song
- Finish writing an unfinished song
- Try out a new mic technique on guitar
- Track a vocal and play around with various reverbs on it.
- Spend some time really finding some cool delay settings to use in future mixes.
- Work on your mix for this month’s song over at Dueling Mixes? (www.DuelingMixes.com)
- Catch up on the “Mixing Drums” video series I’m doing over in the VIP members area and start practicing your drum mixing skills. (www.HomeStudioCorner.com/VIP)
What say you?
What’s it gonna be this weekend?
Hit reply and let me know, and go DO IT!
(Seriously, reply to this email and tell me what you’re going to do. Just telling someone “out loud” will make you more likely to follow through.)
And have a GREAT weekend,
Home Studio Corner