Wanna submit a question for the podcast? Go here: www.askjoegilder.com
Questions covered this week:
- What’s your opinion about overproduced music, how will you know if it’s overproduced, and how to make it not?
- Would you recommend mixing in mono and as the last step pan the stereo-image or mixing in stereo (set levels and pan first) and flip back and forth between mono and stereo?
- The range of audio frequency humans can hear is usually said to be 20Hz to 20,000Hz. As such, when eq-ing during mastering, should you just cut off anything above and below that range? If not at what frequency do you suggest rolling of the top and bottom during mastering?
- Watched your video about normalizing a voice over track for consistency. Why not do that will all tracks as a starting point for your mix?
- Is the Shure SM57 the same thing as an SM58?