Today I’ve got a video tip for you Mac users. If all you have is a mouse with a scroll wheel, how do you scroll sideways?
One of my readers, Guinn, sent in a question last week about how to make his hard drive work with Pro Tools. Pro Tools kept telling him that it wasn’t an “audio record volume.” I remember this was the first tech support issue I had with my first Pro Tools system, and I thought it would be a good topic for a video.
Questions? Leave a comment!
I had a lot of visitors to the site last week, and several folks submitted a question using the “Ask Joe” form. Thanks! I decided to answer these questions via video.
The questions deal with the following: [UPDATE: I realized after the fact that a 10-minute video might be a bit long, especially if you’re searching for the answer to your question. By all means listen to the whole thing, but if you want to know where to find specific topics, see below.]
- Vocalign – 0:37
- Good recorder for young band – 1:40
- EMU 1616M PCI – 2:40
- Getting good natural reverb out of drum room – 3:30
- M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, USB vs Firewire – 4:52
- Good audio interface/microphone for video work – 6:20
- Low latency monitoring in Pro Tools – 7:22
- External hard drive for sample libraries – 8:31
If you have questions you’d like for me to address in a future video, head over to the Ask Joe page and fill out the form!