Below you’ll find a list of categories along with select articles from within those categories. Happy browsing!
Looking for videos? Click here for the Video archives.
- 12 Home Studio Necessities – Intro
- Intro to EQ [Video]
- Intro to Compression [Video]
- Intro to De-Essing [Video]
- Intro to Editing [Video]
- Intro to Gates/Expanders [Video]
- Intro to MIDI
- MIDI Frequently Asked Questions
- Productivity: Accomplish More in Your Home Studio
- VIDEO: Productivity Part 1 – Label Your IO
- VIDEO: Productivity Part 2 – Using Session Templates
- Productivity Part 3 – Make a Schedule
- Wisdom Teeth and Productivity in Your Home Studio
- One-Hour Challenge
- Do You Set Deadlines?
- Gear Acquisition Syndrome
- The Battle of Technology vs. Good Music
- The Many Hats of a Home Studio Owner
- 10 Ways to Promote Your Home Studio
- Recording Technology and its Effect on the Role of the Session Drummer
- Is That Wrong? Thoughts on Making Musical Decisions
- Stealing Plug-ins – Robin Hood or Jack Sparrow?
- Should Musicians Give Their Music Away?
- Mixing Drums Part 1
- Mixing Drums Part 2 – EQ
- Mixing Drums Part 3 – Compression
- Mixing Bass Part 1
- Mixing Bass Part 2 – EQ
- Mixing Bass Part 3 – Compression & Limiting
- Mixing Acoustic Guitar Part 1 -EQ
- Mixing Acoustic Guitar Part 2 – Compression
- Mixing Acoustic Guitar Part 3 – Easy on the Effects
- I LOVE to Mix [Mixing Resources]
- 3 Tips for Getting a Good Bass Sound
- Using Compression on Your Master Fader
- Do You Always Use Compression?
- Dealing with Low-Mids and a Muddy Mix
- How Do You Record Takes?
- 5 Tips for Taking Your Sessions to Another Studio
- The Best Mixing Tip
- Setting Levels for Mixing
- Setting Levels for Recording
- The 3:1 Rule
- Processing Vocals Part 1 – Recording the Vocal
- Processing Vocals Part 2 – Comping/Editing
- Processing Vocals Part 3 – Tuning: Thoughts on AutoTune
- Processing Vocals Part 4 – 3 Tips for EQ-ing Vocals
- Processing Vocals Part 5 – Compression
- The “Fix it in the Mix” Mentality
- Why I Use Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Track Types Part 1
- Pro Tools Track Types Part 2 – The Master Fader
- Pro Tools Resources (<–huge list)
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Home Studio for $50 or Less
- The Point of Diminishing Returns
- Why I Use Pro Tools
- Shure SM7B vs SM58 [Audio]
- AKG D5 vs Shure SM58 [Audio]
- PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2: A New Opportunity for Home Studio Owners
- Is the Recording Console Dead?
- Do-It-Yourself Acoustic Treatment
- Homemade Reflection Filter (With Audio Examples)
- What Are Your Favorite Plug-ins?