Wanna submit a question for the podcast? Go here: www.askjoegilder.com
Questions covered this week:
- Do you actually “mix” on your “crap” speaker, or if you just use it to pick out problems and then go back and mix on your main monitors?
- I have a home studio setup with three pairs of studio monitors, what is the best way to set up pairs of studio monitors?
- When the singer hits some notes on my well EQ’d vocal,there are some frequencies that jump up and are annoying. Any way to get rid of those?
- As a singer, what do you recommend to get better at singing in tune (live + recording) for someone with minor pitch issues?
- How much silence (if any) do you leave at the very start and very end of a completed mastered song?